CWC PROVIDES DIRECT BILLING FOR MOST EXTENDED MEDICAL BENEFIT INSURANCE PROVIDERS INCLUDING ICBC. OUR PATIENT SUPPORT TEAM WILL BE THERE EACH STEP OF THE WAY TO ENSURE YOUR CLAIM GETS PROCESSED QUICKLY. CALL US TODAY AT 604-526-5196
|Company||Direct Billing||Coverage *|
|Blue Cross||✔||Up to 100%|
|Chamber of Commerce||✔||Up to 100%|
|Cowan||✔||Up to 100%|
|Great West Life||✔||Up to 100%|
|First Canadian||✔||Up to 100%|
|Johnson||✔||Up to 100%|
|Johnson Group||✔||Up to 100%|
|Manulife||✔||Up to 100%|
|Maximum Benefit||✔||Up to 100%|
|Sun Life Financial||✔||Up to 100%|
|Industrial Alliance||✔||Up to 100%|
|Groupsource||✔||Up to 100%|
|Manion||✔||Up to 100%|
*All extended medical plans vary based on annual amount and amount paid per treatment. It’s never a bad idea to check with your insurance provider to ensure what level of coverage you have.
ICBC is making major changes, effective April 1 2019, to significantly improve access to treatment for people involved in MVA related accidents. This new coverage will relate to all new and existing ICBC claims. This means anyone with an open claim approved prior to April 1 2019 will benefit from these changes after April 1 2019 on any remaining treatments before their claim end date.
- ICBC will NOT pay for any amounts above the new approved treatment limits. If longer treatments are requested a small user fee will be charged at your expense and will NOT be reimbursed by ICBC as part of your settlement; however, most of these fees may be recovered by your extended benefits plan should you have one.
- ICBC Claims only allow for one Initial Assessment during the term of the claim.
- ICBC allows only one treatment claim per day per therapy type. Multiple Standard Treatments for one therapy cannot be combined on the same day to allow for longer treatments. In other words you can’t book two Standard Registered Massage Therapy treatments on the same day in order to get a 60 minute treatment.
- ICBC does allow one treatment per therapy type on the same day. This means patients can book separate Registered Massage Therapy, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic, or Active Rehabilitation treatments on the same day.
- If MVA date occurred prior to April 1 2019 the total allowable treatments under the claim will not change.
- ICBC does not pay for treatment No Shows or Late Cancellations. It is the patients responsibility to pay these amounts as we have reserved the treatment time specifically for you. We reserve the right to cancel all future treatments until the full amount owing is paid.
- If the MVA date took place over 12 weeks ago, we will need direct approval from ICBC prior to commencing covered treatment.
It’s important to note that our ICBC direct billing service is a courtesy service and not a guarantee that all direct billings will be approved or paid by ICBC. It remains the patients responsibility to pay for all unpaid treatments by ICBC should direct billing problems occur. Patients will be able to collect these payments directly from their ICBC adjuster.